Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Metaphor for Life...

Let's be honest, I set out to write this blog purely as a business tool...  I hadn't blogged before...  I didn't subscribe to blogs...  I wasn't sure how to use them...  I have a friend's blog I read from time to time; but, that's about where it ends...  As I was fumbling my way through the process of choosing a web hosting service, attempting to design the page and figuring out what I had to say and who on earth would care, I realized that this page can be about so much more!  While the title phrase at the top of the page may have started as a cute, quirky "play on words" for my business, over the next 24 hours, it quickly evolved into a metaphor for life...  A reflection of what happened, what brought me here, and what I hope for the future.

Always Remember Life is SWEET -- As I get older, I begin to realize the importance of remaining in the moment and appreciating it for exactly what it is right now.  Today I have gratitude for what I have and realize I am fortunate for all of it.  I take none of it for granted and savor every moment...

Never Be Afraid to SPICE it up -- I guess as far as metaphors go, I can apply this one to my life in a couple different ways...  I want to try to strive to not live in fear of taking the occasional chance...  Of putting myself out there...  Of following my own best instincts...  Most importantly, today I can firmly say that I am not afraid to stand behind my beliefs and fight for my family and what I believe in.



It has been a real journey that has brought me to where I am right here... right now... at this very moment...  I feel like the path that I have been led down over the past several years has taught me a lot and there is a reason I am here writing this right now.  Maybe it's for me...  Maybe it's for you...  Maybe it's to change another woman's life...  I really don't know; but, I'm looking forward to finding out!

Sooooo, what started as a cute title for a blog designed to draw people into my business has evolved into what I hope can be an adventure we can all experience together of laughter, life, tears, baking, and so much more!  Sure, there will be plenty of posts about cooking and baking; but, I hope to share the ways that I pause to take notice of what makes life SWEET and how I choose to SPICE it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment